Friday, November 14, 2008

United States of Whatever

I've been working on an Obama victory blog off and on for the past week or so, but at this point it's a bit stale and pointless. And the last thing we need is more 'Rah rah' blogs patting ourselves on the back for a job well done, especially when the election wasn't a total victory. Sure we got our boy in the White House, but there are still a handful of states that don't think gay people should have the right to marry or adopt. And here in the state of Georgia we're having a runoff vote for Senator. So yeah, while I feel like I can join the rest of the country in a collective sigh of relief, we've still got a ways to go.

And will Sarah Palin go back to shooting innocent animals in Alaska and just shut the fuck up? Who the hell cares what she has to say about anything? If I was a member of the GOP I would seriously put a hit on her. She starts every statement or interview about how she won't respond to the negative attacks and then she'll proceed to respond to them in great detail. She's old news. She really thinks she's setting herself up as the new face of the Republican Party. You get this feeling like they can't stand her either, but since she's got the attention of all the 'Joe Six-packs' in the nation everyone is afraid to come right out and call her an idiot. The GOP needs to put a cork in her and spend the next four years regrouping.

Hopefully some good will actually come out of the GOP summit in Miami this week. Don't misunderstand me, I have no problem watching the Republican party crash and burn. I'm not suggesting that I would ever vote for Republican, but it should be in the interest of every American to have both parties operating to their full potential and in the best interest of the nation.

Not that I know anything about anything. I'm a comic nerd who watches CNN for 10 minutes a day at breakfast. And even though I said I wouldn't go on about it, I still wanted to share this:


No comments: