Friday, December 26, 2008

There and back again...

I'm at a gate in the Orlando airport. I'm over an hour early which is customary for savy travellers. Not really looking forward to this trip. On top of the typical awkwardness that comes with being around my family, there will also be my grandmother's funeral.






The airport, like most others, is a haven for scum and villany. There is a mother changing her baby's diaper five feet from me. Another future passenger-mate has a small dog which is never a good thing on a plane. This is going to be bad.

I also get motion sickness pretty easily. Leslie typically forces a couple Dramamine down my throat at this point but since she's not here I'm not going to subject myself to that. Haven't quite pinpointed what makes me sick. I haven't eaten anything yet today and I don't plan to until I arrive in Connecticut. Hopefully that will be enough.

I'm posting this from my iPhone with a new app I'm trying out, so my appologies for the myriad of spelling and grammar errors.

There is a queasy feeling in my stomach and I don't know what it is. Maybe it's hunger. Or guilt. Or anxiety about the flight. Maybe my body so used to this routine that my motion sickness has begun before I've even left the ground. I guess I'll find out in a couple hours.

No comments: