Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Top 10 Albums of the Year

I know, not very original. Even my mother has posted a list of her Top 10 albums of the year. What's a fanboy to do? I can't be left behind! I need to follow the trends. So without further ado, here is my list of my ten favorite albums in 2008.

10. MC Chris - MC Chris is Dead
9. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
8. Mountain Goats - Heretic Pride
7. Does It Offend You Yeah? - You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself Into
6. Girl Talk - Feed the Animals
5. Born Ruffians - Red Yellow & Blue
4. Conor Oberst - Conor Oberst
3. Los Campesinos! - Hold On Now, Youngster...
2. Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
1. The Hold Steady - Stay Positive


I really thought that Vampire Weekend's album was going to take the number one spot, but I really fell head over iPod for the newest Hold Steady. It doesn't hurt that we also got to see them live twice this year. I'm also totally in love with Los Campesinos! who released two full length albums this year.

Other honorable mentions include Bon Iver - For Emma Forever Ago (even if it is a bit overrated), Titus Andronicus - The Airing of Grievances, T.I. - Paper Trail (representing the ATL), the other Los Campesinos! album, We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed.

It was a pretty good year for music. A handful of awesome debuts, and a few new albums from a few old favorites. I hope we can expect the same in 2009.

No comments: